1. Know your customers.
2. Define your goals.
3. Know your market. Make a list of reasons your customers need the product/service that you offer and what the alternatives are if they don't buy from you.
4. Have a plan for communicating your idea with the waiting world.
5. Produce a marketing plan.
6. Remember you're building a brand.
8. Be generous and aim for loyal rather than satisfied customers.
12. Have a Twitter account. Add periscope too.
15. Add any social media contact details to your website, email signature, voicemail message, business cards etc. The more visible they are, the more people you'll potentially reach.
16. Ask your friends to like/follow/repin until you draw your target audience.
17. Start a blog.
20. Google your business name and know how you rank as well as who you compete with.
21. Set a Google alert for articles and blogs featuring your business name and any associated search terms. This will let you contribute to discussions and engage with audiences you don't yet know.
23. Invest in design - first impressions count.